David R. Bohm
AREAS OF PRACTICE
David Bohm is an experienced litigator working with health care, government, and business clientele. He handles matters involving employment, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and complex contracts, and represents clients before various administrative agencies. He is skilled in mediation and arbitration techniques as an alternative to litigation.
Employment. David represents clients in disputes involving claims of discrimination, wrongful termination, including whistleblower suits, disclosure of trade secrets, and violation of non-compete agreements. He also advises employers about how to prevent discrimination and other claims.
Intellectual Property. While his work in this area consists primarily of litigation involving trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets, David also advises companies on how to protect their intangible property rights.
Health Care. David defends doctors, nurses, psychologists, and other health care professionals facing discipline from licensing agencies, including the Mo. State Board of Registration for the Healing Arts, or who are threatened with loss or restriction of hospital privileges.
Government. David counsels clients about, and litigates, issues involving under-funded public pensions, liquor licensing, zoning, building codes, and hazardous waste handling. He is a former Assistant St. Louis City Counselor, and is seasoned in representing clients before state and local licensing and regulatory agencies.
David has argued before the Supreme Court of Missouri, the Missouri Court of Appeals, and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. He has assisted in briefing cases before the U.S. Supreme Court and other federal Circuit Courts of Appeal. Since joining the firm, he has drafted several bills, which have been enacted as state statutes, including the Missouri Religious Freedom Restoration Act and a law permitting social service agencies to act as guardians for disabled individuals.
David received the Albert “Red” Villa Human Rights Award from the St. Louis Civil Rights Commission (1992), the Jurisprudence Award from the Anti-Defamation League (1994), and, with his family, the Netzach Award from the St. Louis chapter of the American Jewish Committee (2008).David was the recipient of the 2020 JCPA Tikkun Olam Award from the Jewish Council for Public Affairs. He also received the "2020 Top Verdicts & Settlements Award" from Missouri Lawyers Weekly for the settlement of a class action lawsuit against the St. Louis Rams involving personal seat licenses (PSLs).
- Jewish Council for Public Affairs: board chair; former secretary; former treasurer; former co-chair of the task force on Jewish Security and Bill of Rights
- ARC Angels (Suicide Prevention) Foundation, vice president
- Great Rivers Environmental Law Center, executive committee member
- Missourians for Religious Freedom, former chair
- St. Louis Jewish Community Relations Council, former president
- St. Louis Jewish Federation, former board member
- Temple Shaare Emeth, former board member
- J.D., Washington University School of Law (1984)
- B.A., Washington University (1978)
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern District of Missouri and Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- American Bar Association: Intellectual Property Law Section, Trademark Litigation and Trademark Legislation Committees
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Jurisprudence Award, Anti-Defamation League
- Netzach Award, American Jewish Committee, St. Louis chapter
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Albert “Red” Villa Human Rights Award, St. Louis Civil Rights Commission
- 2020 Top Verdicts & Settlements Award, Missouri Lawyers Weekly
- 2020 Tikkun Olam Award, Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA)
What, Me Worry? If You Store Customers’ Personal Information on Your Computer System, You Should!MAD Magazine’s Alfred E. Nuemann would famously say, “What, ... Read more »
Is the Arbitration Provision in Your Employment Contract Enforceable?Many employers require their employees to execute employment... Read more »
Video Depositions – the New Normal for the Age of Social DistancingThe Circuit Courts for St. Louis City and County have both i... Read more »
- David Bohm Honored with the 2020 JCPA Tikkun Olam AwardDavid Bohm is a 2020 JCPA Tikkun Olam Awards honoree. Read more »
- David Bohm Helps Author Amicus Brief for Resettlement InjunctionDavid Bohm was one of the authors of an amicus brief regarding an injunction request regarding refugee resettlement on the behalf of a number of interfaith agencies. Read more »
- David Bohm Honored with Largest Verdicts and Settlements AwardDavid Bohm is a recipient of the the Missouri Lawyers 2020 Largest Verdicts and Settlements Award. Read more »
- Final St. Louis Rams PSL Holders Settlement Agreement Approved - Many Eligible Class Members Have Still Not Made a ClaimThe St. Louis Rams PSL Holders Settlement Agreement has been approved by a a federal judge, but many eligible St. Louis Rams PSL holders have not submitted claims Read more »
- St. Louis Rams PSL Holders Settlement Agreement UpdateA federal judge in St. Louis has given preliminary approval of the class-action settlement agreement between PSL holders and the St. Louis Rams. Read more »
- PSL Holders Reach Settlement Agreement with The St. Louis RamsDavid Bohm, in conjunction with other plaintiffs' attorneys, reached a settlement agreement for PSL holders with The St. Louis Rams LLC. Read more »
- Danna McKitrick Continues to Support the Mission of the Missouri Physicians Health ProgramDanna McKitrick supports the mission of the Missouri Physicians Health Program ("MoPHP") with a contribution to fund services provided by MoPHP to medical residents who could not otherwise afford to participate. Read more »
- Judge: Former St. Louis Excise Commissioner Robert Kraiberg Should Be ReinstatedIn March 2016, the City of St. Louis fired Robert... Read more »
- Federal Judge Rules in Favor of PSL Owners in Lawsuit Against the RamsA federal judge in St. Louis has ruled that persons... Read more »
- Attorney David Bohm with Rick Cantor of Avery's Angels on Teen Suicide PreventionTeen suicide prevention and the efforts of Avery's Angels Foundation were discussed recently on St. Louis Read more »
- Bohm States Increased Tourism Taxes Equate to "Double Taxation" in St. LouisDavid Bohm interviewed in St. Louis Business Journal article entitled, "St. Louis hotels livid over taxes". Read more »
- Firemen, Police Pension Cases Sent to Supreme CourtDavid Bohm said the Firemen's System case is important because it deals with significant amounts of money and how to adequately fund pension funds Read more »